Hunting Threat Actors Lifts My Spirits
Indicators Over Cocktails
Join guest Tim Helming for Indicators Over Cocktails – special federal and local government edition. In this installment, we’ll shake up some cocktails and mocktails and learn how to bolster defenses against future attacks, by quickly gaining context, profiling attackers, and enumerating threats. In this session, Tim will demonstrate how to:
- Use Iris Detect and Investigate to build better situational awareness around adversary infrastructure—quickly
- Leverage data to learn more about who or what is behind an IP address or domain in an attempted breach
- Automate processes and alerts to create a profile of attackers to bolster defenses against future attacks
Mocktail of the Month: Virgin Grapefruit Mojito
- 1/4 ruby or pink grapefruit, cut into small chunks and seeds removed
- 2 tbs. agave syrup or honey
- 12 fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- 1/2 cup pink grapefruit soda or flavored mineral water, plus more as needed
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Put the grapefruit pieces, agave and mint in a cocktail shaker.
- Using a muddler, smash the fruit until the juice is released.
- Add one cup small ice cubes to the shaker with the half cup soda; attach the lid and shake furiously until combined.
- Divide between two rocks glasses, add more ice if desired, and top off with additional soda.
- Stir, garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
Cocktail of the Month: April Showers
- 3 ounces (88 ml) gin
- 1 ounce fresh (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 6 ounces (180 ml) ruby red grapefruit juice
- Edible flowers for garnish, optional
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the gin, lemon juice, agave nectar and grapefruit juice, shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Pour into a coupe or martini glass.
- Garnish with edible flowers (optional).