SEATTLE, June 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ –DomainTools®, the leader in domain name and DNS-based cyber threat intelligence, today announced that Tim Helming, Director of Product Management, will present at the 28th Annual Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST) Conference in Seoul, South Korea. During his presentation, “Adversary Recon and Practical Defenses Using Domain and DNS OSINT,” Helming will demonstrate new ways to investigate and defend against threat actors using Open Source Threat Intelligence. The FIRST Conference will be held at the Conrad Seoul hotel on June 12-18, with Tim Helming presenting on Friday, June 17.
The costs associated with cybercrime quadrupled from $100 million in 2013 to $400 million in 2015 and it is predicted that the ever-increasing data breaches will push the global cost of cyberattacks to a staggering $2.1 trillion by 2019. As the global leader in the incident response community, the FIRST Conference attracts international security and incident response teams from academia, commercial enterprises, financial corporations, and government agencies to share their incident response expertise and improve security measures worldwide. Helming’s presentation will take a step beyond response to threats and demonstrate how domain threat intelligence can proactively defend against future attacks.
FIRST Conference 2016
- Who: Tim Helming, Director of Product Management, DomainTools
- Where: Conrad Seoul Hotel
- When: Friday, June 17 from 10:15-11:15 a.m. KST
- What: “Adversary Recon and Practical Defenses Using Domain and DNS OSINT”
- Identify sources of OSINT to conduct adversary analysis during breaches and apply the findings to all phases of the continuous security model
- Create forensic domain maps to defend against current and future attacks
- Discover dwell time of malicious actors to monitor threat actors to detect and defend against new attack infrastructure
For more information on the FIRST Conference 2016 and to register for the event, please visit: https://www.first.org/conference/2016