Seattle – February 6, 2018– DomainTools, the leader in domain name and DNS-based cyber threat intelligence, today announced that Zach Hill, VP of Sales at DomainTools, will present during the webinar Cyber Threat Intelligence Today: SANS CTI Survey Results, Part 1. During the webcast, the SANS Institute will release the results of their 2018 Cyber Threat Intelligence Survey that measures the maturity of CTI programs based on how useful threat intelligence information is to security and response operations. The two-part webinar will take place on February 6 and 7, with DomainTools co-hosting Part 1 on February 6.
Last year saw an eruption of widespread and damaging vulnerabilities making headlines, such as the NotPetya and WannaCry ransomware attacks. Behind the scenes, security operations centers and analysts have amped up their response. The SANS CTI survey results reveal how threat intelligence plays into their arsenal to defend against threats. A preview of the results includes:
- In this new survey (2018), 81 percent of respondents affirmed that CTI is helping, compared to 78 percent in 2017 and 64 percent in 2016.
- Threat hunting, the proactive and methodical pursuit of undetected threats with the intent of disrupting and/or eradicating these threats and securing critical infrastructure, is specifically on the rise, increasing 15 percent over 2017.
- Year over year, the lack of trained staff and skills to fully utilize CTI has increased from 53.4 percent in 2017 to 61.5 percent in 2018.<./li>
During the webinar, SANS will release the full results and attendees will learn how to integrate threat intelligence with their detection and response programs.
Cyber Threat Intelligence Today: SANS CTI Survey Results, Part 1
- Who: Zach Hill, DomainTools; Dave Shackleford, SANS Institute; Travis Farral, Anomali; Itay Kozuch, Intsights Cyber Intelligence
- When: February 6, 2018 at 10:00 AM PST/1:00 PM EST
- Register here: https://www.sans.org/webcasts/cyber-threat-intelligence-today-cti-survey-results-1-105810?msc=PR
About SANS Institute
As the global leader in information security training, the SANS Institute provides up-to-date intelligence and informative classes to help protect organizations against cyber threats. Over 165,000 security professionals rely on SANS training to sharpen their skills. Learn more about SANS at sans.org .
DomainTools helps security analysts turn threat data into threat intelligence. We take indicators from your network, including domains and IPs, and connect them with nearly every active domain on the Internet. Those connections inform risk assessments, help profile attackers, guide online fraud investigations, and map cyber activity to attacker infrastructure. Fortune 1000 companies, global government agencies, and leading security solution vendors use the DomainTools platform as a critical ingredient in their threat investigation and mitigation work. Learn more about how to connect the dots on malicious activity at https://www.domaintools.com or follow us on Twitter:@domaintools