Give Threat Actors a Rum for Their Money
Indicators Over Cocktails
Join guest Taylor Wilkes-Pierce for a special edition of Indicators Over Cocktails focused on financial services. In this installment, tune in to learn how to take advantage of the most trusted online infrastructure data, anywhere, to reduce risk for your financial services organization and find threats faster. In this session Taylor will demonstrate how to:
- Integrate DNS and domain data into your threat intelligence requirements
- Map adversary infrastructure to expose previously-unseen campaigns
- Infer targeting based on intelligence surfaced in Iris
This Month’s Mocktail: Hot Spiced Apple Cider (family sized recipe)
- 16 cups (1 gallon) apple cider
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 orange
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the apple cider. Stir in the brown sugar, allspice and nutmeg until the sugar is dissolved and bring to a low boil.
- Stick the pointy ends of the cloves into the orange so that just the buds of the cloves are visible. The entire orange should be covered with the cloves.
- Add the orange to the cider and reduce the heat to simmer. Cover and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Serve in warm mugs with a cinnamon stick garnish. For adults, add bourbon to the cider.
This Month’s Cocktail: Hot Buttered Rum
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 ounces dark or aged rum
- 6 ounces hot water
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, vanilla extract, sugar, spices and salt. Beat until well combined.
- In heat-proof glass or mug, combine aged rum with 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) spiced butter mixture. Remaining batter can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for future use.
- Top with hot water and stir until ingredients are well incorporated. Garnish with cinnamon sticks if preferred.