Indicators Over Cocktails Special Edition: Passive DNS
Indicators Over Cocktails
Join Daniel Schwalbe for Indicators Over Cocktails – special Passive DNS edition. In this installment, enjoy a seasonal cocktail or mocktail and learn how to use Passive DNS to quickly uncover previously unknown connections between seemingly unrelated assets and how to use IP addresses and domain names to map online infrastructure (your own or an adversary’s) without setting off alarm bells on the other end. In this session, Daniel will cover topics such as:
- What is Passive DNS, and how does it differ from “regular” DNS?
- How do I query DNSDB and use the API?
- How can I leverage all of that for threat hunting?
Mocktail of the Month: Berry Burlesque
- .5 oz lime juice
- .5 oz honey syrup
- 1 oz black currant puree
- 4-6 mint leaves
- Q Ginger Beer
- Combine and shake all ingredients except ginger beer in a shaker tin with ice, and then strain over fresh ice.
- Top with ginger beer.
By Daniel Marohnic, property mixologist at ARIA Resort & Casino in Las Vegas
Cocktail of the Month: Old Flame
Source: The PDT Cocktail Book, p. 197
- 2 oz Plymouth (or your favorite) gin
- ¾ oz lemon juicer
- ¾ oz simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- ½ oz green Chartreuse
- Dry-shake, shake with ice, and strain into chilled egg coupe (or wine glass)
- Pour .5 oz flaming green Chartreuse over the surface of the drink